FBOs can now switch from a state license to a central license and vice versa.

The FSSAI has issued an order allowing food businesses to convert from state to central licenses and vice versa without having to change their FSSAI license number.

According to the FSSAI order, “it has been agreed to allow movement of state license to central license or vice versa.” without updating the FSSAI license number, but registration for small food enterprises has been purposefully omitted because only a one-time upgrade for registration to state licensing is expected.”

Suggested read- Fssai license registration

According to the order, a clear differentiation in registration aids in swift identification and facilitation of the same.

According to FSSAI, FBOs are now having difficulty migrating from state to central licenses or vice versa because it necessitates modifications to the FSSAI license number.

FBOs were forced to renounce their current license and apply for new ones. Modifications in FSSAI number cause changes in pre-printed package material, stationery, advertising, and so forth, and FBOs obtain FSSAI permission. HQ by submitting an application along with the required fee for the use of their pre-printed material from their previous license number. This procedure is carried out by hand.

According to FSSAI, the transition modalities for modifying an existing license include a fee that will be calculated at the time of modification based on the number of years left on the term of the license (state or Central) and an online module for transfer of authority that includes a 15-day scrutiny period after the filing of the application.

The final decision would be made by the licensing authority whose jurisdiction the license falls within. The approval would be granted following a thorough examination in accordance with the procedure outlined in the FSS Licensing and Registration Regulations.

It provides three sorts of licenses based on the size of the business:

  • FSSAI Central License
  • FSSAI State License
  • FSSAI Basic Registration

What is FSSAI Central License

Obtaining Government Licenses / Permits is one of the necessary conditions when registering a company entity. If you work in the foodservice industry, such as a hawker, itinerant vendor, temporary stallholder, or food distributor at religious or social gatherings (except as a caterer) or if you are involved in the manufacturing, transportation, storage, or distribution of food products, you must obtain an FSSAI Registration or FSSAI License before you begin operations.

The categories in which FSSAI has separated License/Registration based on the company’s turnover restrictions are listed below.

Documents Needed for an FSSAI Central License

For Manufacturers

  • Copy of Aadhaar Card/Voter ID of Proprietor/Partners/Director Electricity/Water Bill (Business Place)
  • Evidence of possession of the premises
  • Partnership Deed/Affidavit of Proprietorship/MOA&AOA NOC & Copy of Manufacturer’s License (mandatory for re-labelers and re-packers only)
  • Plan or certificate for a Food Safety Management System

For Traders

  • Government-issued address verification
  • Rent agreement copy (If the property on Rent)
  • Plan or certificate for a Food Safety Management System
  • Processing Unit and Equipment/Machinery Blue Print
  • Equipment & Machinery List

Highlights of the FSSAI Central License

  • Failure to register for FSSAI Registration/License may result in severe penalties and is considered a legal violation.
  • Food licenses are provided for one to five years, depending on the needs of the business.
  • The Food Safety and Standards Regulations 2011 oversee the allocation of registration certificates or licenses to food businesses in India.
  • The size and nature of your firm determine whether you need an FSSAI registration or an FSSAI license.

Require Business  for FSSAI Central License

  • This license is required for any individual or company that does not meet the standards for a small food business operator.
  • Any significant food maker, processor, transporter, or importer of food goods must have a Central FSSAI license.
  • When compared to FSSAI registration, the procedure for obtaining an FSSAI Central License is more complicated and time-consuming.

Also read- fssai registration

Step-by-Step Instructions for Obtaining an FSSAI Central License

  • The Food Business Operator must apply to the Licensing Authority for the FSSAI Central License.
  • Form B is used for this application.
  • The application must be accompanied by a self-declaration, affidavit, and Annexure, if applicable.
  • This license is valid for 1 to 5 years, depending on the time limit requested by the food business operator.
  • The longer the time for which the license is granted, the greater the application fees.
  • By submitting an application, the license can be renewed.
  • The application for renewal must be submitted no later than 30 days before the expiration of the FSSAI License.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.