Vivitra is an anticancer medication which is used for the treatment of several cancers. Trastuzumab is the generic name of this medication and it is used for the treatment of breast cancer, and gastroesophageal cancer. It is a target therapy which is a human epidermal growth factor receptor antibody. This medication works by stopping the growth of the cancer cells by as it mediates cytotoxicity.
Vivitra 150mg is injection once a week for the treatment of breast cancer and once every three weeks for the treatment of gastric cancer.
It is advisable to avoid missing any doses of Vivitra and in case you miss a dose of consult your doctor immediately. In case of an overdose of Vivitra, contact your doctor or any healthcare provider and seek medical attention immediately.
Some of the precautions of Vivitra are –
- Vivitra can interact with other medications and vitamins and minerals as it can interfere with their absorption. Ensure to inform the doctor about medications like Adriamycin and abraxane.
- Also inform the doctor about disease like peripheral neuropathy, thrombocytopenia and pulmonary toxicity.
- Make sure that you are not allergic to any component of the Vivitra injection and it can lead to redness, swelling and irritation of the injection site.
- Consult the doctor if you are planning a pregnancy as Vivitra can harm the fetus and it is also advisable to avoid breastfeeding
- Avoid alcohol consumption after injecting Vivitra 150mg and then driving or operating heavy machinery.
Some of Side Effects of Vivitra are –
- Hot flashes
- Changes in the nails
- Numbness of arms and legs
- Excessive fatigue
- Pale skin
- Increases bruises
- Joint pain
- Muscle pain
- Abdomen pain
- Trouble in sleeping
- Increased heart rate
- Loss of appetite
The price of Vivitra 150 mg Injection is high however you can purchase it from Magicine Pharma as they provide various medications at a low price. Magicine Pharma offers Vivitra for up to 15% off.
FAQ (Frequently Asked Questions)
Q1 – Where to store Vivitra injection?
Ans – It is advisable to store the injection of Vivitra at a low place.
Q2 – Can I drink alcohol with Vivitra?
Ans – Avoid drinking alcohol during the treatment with Vivitra as it can cause drowsiness.
Q3 – How long is the treatment with Vivitra?
Ans – The doctor decides for how long the treatment with Vivitra will continue depending on the condition, stage, and health of the patient.