QuickBooks is a renowned accounting software, but it can throw certain errors when users work on it. As a result of the ‘QuickBooks crashes when opening company file‘ bug, the users will not be able to work on the program seamlessly. This error can also cause loss to the essential company file data. To get away with this error from your desktop, use the fixes here in the blog. Also, understand the causes of this error so that you try to avoid it while using QB later on. Let us complete reading this helpful guide to mend the error quickly.
Get in touch with our experts and get their help in the ‘QuickBooks crashes when opening company file’ error. Call them now on 1-855-856-0042 and get some guidance from them.
Causes that can trigger the ‘QuickBooks closes when opening company file’ error
- Corruption in the data file can cause this error in your QB.
- A faulty installation file is another reason for this error to come up.
- The ‘QuickBooks closes when opening company file’ error can pop up due to the large size of the company file.
- Deleting important QB files by mistake is another reason for the error.
- Not updating QB can lead to several bugs in your QB.
Step-by-step fixes to mend the QuickBooks suddenly stops working error
Now that you have a brief about the causes, it is important to fix the ‘QuickBooks suddenly stops working‘ error. Let us have a look at the Fixes below.
Fix 1: Install fresh updates for your QB
- Access your QB desktop first and then head to the help menu. After choosing the update QuickBooks tab, delete the updates that were previously downloaded.
- Check the box for ‘reset update’ now. Finally, tap on the get updates icon.
Recommended To Read – How To Fix QBDBMgrN not running on this computer after update Issue
Fix 2: Change the location of the company file
- Select New from the context menu by right-clicking on the desktop screen to create a new folder.
- Determine where your company’s files are now kept. Copy the company file to the new folder, then paste it there.
- Hold down the Ctrl key while watching for the “no company open” window to appear.
- Select an existing company from your drop-down menu and then tap on open or restore. Now select the next tab.
- Attempt to open the file from the newly created folder on your desktop.
Make an effort to suppress QB desktop if you cannot eliminate this error using the fixes above.
Winding it up!
We hope you have successfully rectified the ‘QuickBooks crashes when opening company file’ error. For any additional help, you can get in touch with our experts by dialing them on 1-855-856-0042. With their expertise in QuickBooks, they can help you fix this error with easy solutions.
Really Helpful To Learn : Easy Way To Fix QuickBooks Data Migration Services Issue