At times while attempting to restore, open, or upgrade the QB company file, you may experience Error code 6123 in QuickBooks desktop. The system’s firewall blockage, Damaged data files, or any antivirus program can be the main reason for such an error code. Besides, it also prompts while accessing a QuickBooks company file from the multi-user network. Whenever you get such an error, you’ll see an error message on your screen that reads as:-Error 6123, 0: “We’re sorry, but QuickBooks can’t open your company file.” This article is a must-read if you are looking to resolve QuickBooks Error code 6123 efficiently.
Has QuickBooks Error 6123 completely overtaken your system? You can get immediate technical assistance by giving us a quick call at +1(855)-738-0359.
Quick Solutions to Resolve QuickBooks Error 6123
Implement the following solutions carefully to rectify QuickBooks Company File Error Code 6123.
Solution 1:Transfer QB files to a new location to Resolve QuickBooks Error Message 6123
The first method is to move the QuickBooks files to a new location to see if the error lies with the location of the QB company file or the file itself.
- First, right-click on your desktop screen and choose the option named New, succeeded by Folder.
- Once you have created the new Folder (give it any suitable name), head to the Folder where your company files are saved.
- Now copy these files from this location through the Ctrl + C keys or Right-click > Copy.
- Now head back to the new Folder you created and press Ctrl + V or Right-click > Paste.
- Finally, attempt to access the company file through the new location, which will let you know the root origin of the error.
Recommended to Read : KNOWING EVERYTHING THAT HAS TO BE DONE TO QUICKBOOKS IDP SOFTWARE UPDATE
Solution 2: Form a new Windows user to Eliminate QuickBooks Desktop Error 6123
If the present Windows user can’t be a user on admin credentials or is facing a problem running with the admin privileges, a new Windows user account needs to be made.
- First, head to the Control Panel and hit the Create a New User option in the User icon.
- Now set the user type to Administrator, and after that, log out of the existing user account.
- Reboot your system and log back in with the new user account that you created.
- Here move the company files to the desktop.
- Finally, access QuickBooks and try accessing the company file and see if QuickBooks Update error 6123, 0 persists.
Solution 3:Reboot the system in Safe mode to Tackle QuickBooks Enterprise Error 6123
The third-party interferences in opening QuickBooks application and company files can cause 6123 QuickBooks.
- First, reboot your system, and while restarting, constantly press the F8 key.
- You will see options regarding switching to Safe mode, then select Safe Mode with the Networking option and start running the system in this mode.
- Finally, you won’t see the error when you prevent the other parties from creating problems.
Hopefully, the aforementioned solutions helped you in resolving QuickBooks Error Code 6123. But there might be cases where the error might not get resolved, and what you can do is give us a quick call at +1(855)-738-0359 for speak with QuickBooks support.