QuickBooks error code 6190 is a common error encountered when multiple users try to access the same company file simultaneously in multi-user mode, and that causes a mismatch between the.tlg and.nd file components of the data file. This error can lead to data corruption if not resolved promptly.
To fix QuickBooks Error Code 6190, users can employ several troubleshooting steps, such as ensuring all users log out, copying the company file to the local computer, and using the QBFD tool to repair the issue.
It’s crucial to address this error promptly to prevent any data loss or file damage in QuickBooks. For any further assistance, speak with our team of experts on +18557380359
What Causes Error Code 6190 in Your QuickBooks Desktop?
Identifying the specific cause is essential for effective troubleshooting and resolving the error. QB Error Code 6190 on your desktop can be caused by various factors, including.
- Simultaneous access to the company file by multiple users in multi-user mode can trigger this error.
- If there’s a discrepancy between the company file and its associated transaction log (.tlg) file, Error Code 6190 may occur.
- Problems with the network connection or the server hosting the company file can lead to this error.
- Existing data corruption within the company file can also trigger Error 6190.
- An incomplete or corrupted QuickBooks installation on your desktop may be a contributing factor.
Also Read: How To Fix QuickBooks Error 15222
Rectify the Multi-user Error Code 6190 With the Best Solution
Below, we have provided the most suitable solution to fix the error code 6190 that appears while using multi-user mode in QB:
Update your QB Software as well as the Backup Files
Regularly updating QuickBooks and maintaining up-to-date backups helps ensure the security and integrity of your financial data.
- Open QuickBooks and go to the “Help” menu. Select “Update QuickBooks Desktop.”
- In the “Update QuickBooks Desktop” tab window, you will have to just click on the “Update Now” tab.
- Before proceeding, ensure your company file is backed up. Click on the “Get Updates” option so as to download all the latest updates.
- After the download completes, install the updates by following the on-screen instructions. Once the entire installation process is completed, just restart QuickBooks.
- Open your company file in QuickBooks. Click on the “File” menu. Select “Create Backup.”
- Choose either “Local Backup” or “Online Backup.”
- Local Backup: Save the backup file on your local computer or an external storage device.
- Online Backup: Use Intuit’s secure cloud storage (additional subscription is required).
- Follow the on-screen instructions to specify where you want to save the backup, set a backup schedule if desired, and confirm the backup settings.
- Click “Finish” to start the backup process. QuickBooks will save your company file backup to the specified location.
- After the backup completes, verify that the backup file is accessible and intact.
Read More: How To Fix QuickBooks Rebuild Error 213
QuickBooks error code 6190 is a potentially serious issue caused by concurrent file access. Timely resolution is crucial to preventing data corruption and ensuring uninterrupted accounting operations. Use +18557380359 to speak with our team of experts for a quick resolution.