QuickBooks Error 6177, 0 encounters when trying to access the company file in QuickBooks Desktop. These error codes appear on your screen with an error message that reads, ‘QuickBooks has encountered a problem and needs to close.’
The main reason behind the interruption of error 6177, 0 is the internal issues with the company file or the network connectivity. To work again on your data file without any interruption, you need to fix the file components and connectivity issues.
Below we are providing the possible reasons and their suitable solutions to eliminate ongoing error. Read and follow the provided guide carefully:
If you are finding it difficult to follow this guide, simply TFN +1(855)-955-1942 and directly consult the issue with our QB professionals
What Causes Error 6177 in QuickBooks Desktop?
Below we are mentioning the list of multiple causes that triggers company file error 6177 in QuickBooks:
- You are using an old version of the QuickBooks Desktop.
- The components of the data file are either damaged or corrupted.
- There is some network connectivity issue in QuickBooks.
- The company file folder is damaged, or either the location isn’t correct.
Rectifying Solutions to Fix the Company File Error 6177
Finding a suitable troubleshooting solution and fixing error 6177 in QuickBooks is a challenging task. To help you in the same, we are providing some solutions that will help you get rid of this error:
Solution 1: Get the Newest Version of QuickBooks
- Launch the QuickBooks Desktop and click on the Help menu.
- Click on the Update QuickBooks Desktop option from the drop-down menu.
- Now the Update Now window will pop up on your screen; click on Get Updates.
- When the update process is done, restart your QuickBooks.
- Now, select Yes when you will be asked to install the update.
- Complete the installation process by following the on-screen instructions and agreeing to the terms and conditions.
- Finally, try again to access your company file.
If the company file error still interrupts, move to our solution 2.
Solution 2: Download and Run QuickBooks File Doctor on Your Server Computer
Step 1: Get the QuickBooks Tool Hub
- Launch the official website of Intuit and download the most version of tool hub (18.104.22.168).
- When the downloading process completes, save its file to the location where it’s easily accessible.
- Now install the downloaded file by following the terms and conditions and accept the terms and conditions.
Step 2: Use the File Doctor in QuickBooks to Get Rid of the Company File Issue
- Open the QuickBooks tool hub and click on the Company File Issues from the sidebar menu.
- From the drop-down menu, select your company file. If you didn’t find it, select Browse and Search to find your file.
- To complete the process, choose Check your file and click Continue.
- Finally, enter the admin password to run it successfully and select Next.
In case the error isn’t resolved, move to our next solution to get the error fixed.
Solution 3: Fix the Data File Path by Following the Given Steps
Open Your Company File Folder and Look for the .ND File Component
- Start the process by launching your server computer.
- Now open file explorer and search for the QuickBooks folder in C drive.
- Find the company folder in the QB folder and search your company file.ND at the end. For example CompanyFile.QBW.ND.
- To move further, right-click on the .ND file and select delete.
To Fix the Company File Folder, Run QuickBooks Database Server Manager
- Open the Intuit website to get the QuickBooks Database Server Manager.
- Now open the downloaded file and accept the terms and conditions following the displayed instructions.
- Now tap on the keyboard’s Windows icon, look for server manager, and open it.
- From the tool, select the QuickBooks folder that holds your company file.
- When the scan is done, close all the opened windows.
- Finally, set the right folder permissions to share company files or send payroll.
The provided troubleshooting solutions will help you rectify QuickBooks Error 6177, 0. If you are still unable to get rid of this error, connect with our contact support on TFN +1(855)-955-1942. They will further connect you with the technical team to get help directly from the experts.
Recommended Reading- How to Merge Vendors in QuickBooks And its Importance?