Duplicate transactions in QuickBooks cause inaccuracy in financial reporting and make it time-consuming. Sometimes due to careless entries or other issues, QuickBooks accumulates duplicate entries. It is very important to delete duplicate transactions in QuickBooks Online or Desktop. Therefore in this blog, we will discuss how to delete duplicate transactions in QuickBooks desktop or online.
You can connect with our QB Proadvisors at TFN +1-(855)-955-1942 to get immediate assistance. They can guide you on how to fix duplicate transactions in QuickBooks desktop.
Reasons For Duplicate Transaction In QuickBooks
QuickBooks accumulate double entries when you import transactions into the company file. Moreover, sometimes the issue can arise when your rebuild data. Here are all kinds of possible reasons for duplicate transactions in QuickBooks.
- Because of the Verify and Rebuild Data utility
- Because of the importing transactions from external application
- Because of missing details in the Point of Sale system
- Created when entering transactions manually.
You may want to check out QBDBMgrN Not Running Error
How Can I Check For Duplicate Transactions In QuickBooks Online?
Although there isn’t a specific way to check for duplicate transactions in QuickBooks Desktop, some filters can help you find them. Follow these steps to find the duplicate transactions in the QB.
- Open QuickBooks Online and click on the gear icon on the bank account
- Now, select the Chart of Accounts tab and click on the View Register tab.
- In the bank register, select the filter menu and let it open
- Now, apply a filter to search for a quarter of one month of transactions
- Select the payment or deposit column and change the sort by the option to by the amounts
- Now, change the sub-sort to by the date
- Identify the duplicate transactions in the list.
Here’s How To Delete Duplicate Transactions In Quickbooks Desktop
You can delete duplicate transactions in QB desktop in both register mode and side-by-side mode.
Here’s how to delete duplicate transactions in QuickBooks desktop in register mode:
- Open the banking tab, and choose bank feeds
- Now, choose the bank feeds center, and look for the items received from the financial institution
- Click on the View button and followed by correct transactions
- Click on done and then Yes in not finished matching window
- Now, after you are sent back to the online banking center,
- Browse for the same items that are received from the financial institution
- Select and delete them
Side By Side Mode
Here’s how to delete duplicate transactions in QuickBooks desktop in side-by-side mode:
- Choose the Banking tab followed by the Bank feeds
- Now, select the Bank feeds center
- You can select all the accounts with transactions you want to delete
- Now, click on the items to delete
- Select transactions and delete them
- When asked, select yes and confirm
This shall delete duplicate transactions in QuickBooks Desktop or Online in both side-by-side mode or register mode.
Talk to an expert?
Hopefully, you have a better understanding of how to delete duplicate transactions in QuickBooks desktop or online now. If you cannot find or delete duplicate transactions in QB Desktop or Online, contact QB Proadvisors. Dial TFN +1-(855)-955-1942 and allow the technical experts to fix the duplicate entries in QB.
Recommended to read this helpful guide on QuickBooks Error 6000 80.