In this blog, we explore how to delete duplicate transactions in QuickBooks Desktop. Duplicate transactions sometimes get registered due to the third-party application or bank account when you input those transactions into QuickBooks. It is essential to delete the matching transactions to ensure 100 percent accuracy.
You can remove duplicate transactions in both Register mode and side-by-side mode. To get help deleting the extra transactions in QB Desktop, contact our QB experts at +1(855)-738-0359. They will immediately guide you on the issue and resolve any related query.
Remove The Duplicate Transactions In QB Desktop
QuickBooks Desktop allows the users to remove transactions in the register and side-by-side modes. The procedure for deleting duplicate transactions in both modes varies. Let us go through the detailed steps of removing the duplicate transactions in each of them.
How To Remove Duplicate Transactions In Register Mode
When you are in register mode, you will be able to find the register at the top of the computer screen. The downloaded transactions will be at the very bottom. Now, to delete the duplicate transactions, match the appropriate transactions and delete the whole statement.
Here are the steps for removing duplicate transactions in register mode.
- Navigate to the Banking menu and click on Bank Feeds.
- Choose Bank Feeds Center, and look for the statements in the Items Received From Financial Institution section.
- Now, click on View, and select the suitable transactions.
- Choose Done to match them and select Yes when you see the not finished matching window.
- Once you are back to the online banking center, find the same Items Received From Financial Institution section, and select them.
- Choose delete.
If you didn’t delete the same transactions, they will appear in statements you download in the future. Now, deleted transactions will not show again when you download the statements.
Recommended To Read : QuickBooks Error Code 6130
How To Remove Duplicate Transactions In Side-By-Side Mode
When you use the side-by-side mode, the downloaded transactions will appear on the left side of the computer screen. Here are the steps for deleting duplicate transactions in the side-by-side mode in QuickBooks Desktop.
- Open the banking menu. Click on the Bank Feeds option.
- Now, select Bank Feeds Center and analyze the Items Reviewed section
- Choose the account with the transactions you wish to remove
- Now, choose the items you wish to delete
- Do the same for the transactions you wish to delete
- Once done, choose the delete selected option.
- Confirm with Yes
Remember, if you had already matched the statements, you could Select all downloaded transactions older than and select the date range. After that, you would need to tap on delete selected, and the duplicate transactions will be cleared off. However, this might require switching to register mode to get rid of everything.
Talk To An Expert
The blog discussed how to delete duplicate transactions in QuickBooks Desktop. However, if you get stuck in a step or have a related query, we advise you to call our QB Advisors at +1(855)-738-0359. These QB experts are available 24/7 to help you to an error-free accounting experience.